Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 24
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22876 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Have you thought about running UGM1 as non-cpu intensive?

I attempted to look up in the database to see if others had an issue and the workunit was completed which means no. So something on your system, not exactly sure what, caused the workunit to go into some sort of zombie state. This is where the work unit appears to be running but the application is actually not doing any science. If you see this again, please let us know. I am hoping this is just a one off thing.

Also, what are the system specs of the machine in question? Particularly the processor type/model. Reason I ask is this applicaiton uses SSE2 which is not supported in processors that are over 10 years old.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Nov 18, 2014 2:07:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

On my machines:
- T1, which is Tualatin P3 (with SSE)...all results in UGM are ERRORs!

Why do you send out data to machines that have only SSE, but not SSE2? :/
----------------------------------------
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Nov 21, 2014 12:20:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Could be one of the reasons why the 'auto opt me in to new projects' script has as yet not run. If members actively select ugm, they're bound to catch the fail on the sse2-less devices. Not perfect, but you did catch it. smile
[Nov 21, 2014 12:55:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

Could be one of the reasons why the 'auto opt me in to new projects' script has as yet not run. If members actively select ugm, they're bound to catch the fail on the sse2-less devices. Not perfect, but you did catch it. smile

Isn't the UGM project defined not to include SSE CPUs? can't it be done by instructions?

At least BOINC has all CPUs specs... :/
----------------------------------------
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Nov 21, 2014 1:14:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread