Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 42
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9973 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
gprobst7421
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New Beta, New Project?

Anyone heard any whispers?

I have seen some people refer to a "P" for placeholder etc. Where is this referenced?

I know there is a ton of work to be done on FAAH but I have 28 devices running and would love some flavor!
[Sep 15, 2013 6:20:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:
Re: New Beta, New Project?

Hi,

There is a cancer project being prepared but no timetable has been provided other than that it should launch in the Fall. You will only know that a new project is close to launch when the beta tests start.

The placeholder was, IIRC, referenced in Sekerob's chart but it was a mere placeholder for any new project that would launch so it was sort of a "reserved spot".
----------------------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Sep 15, 2013 7:01:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Since Fall doesn't start for almost a week yet, and we won't be to winter until almost Christmas, this new project could take awhile to show up yet. wink So let's continue to be patient here....

Still crunching my FAAH WUs in the meantime and I might do some CEP2 from time to time while I wait for the new arrival....
[Sep 16, 2013 3:40:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gprobst7421
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Ok. Thank you! I know FAAH is available. I moved up 300k spots in the last month ;)
[Sep 20, 2013 6:27:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
branjo
Master Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

Good work gprobst7421 applause

Cheers peace

Crunching@Home since January 13 2000. Shrubbing@Home since January 5 2006

[Sep 20, 2013 9:00:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

whistling thinking raised eyebrow

love struck ya WCG

[Sep 24, 2013 7:23:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I love WCG but i would like more projects.

i am currently over 5 years for FAAH and almost 2 1/2 on CEP2...

i always liked having a choice on what to run and i like to run multiple projects but right now i have gotten to the point i want new projects and such to run so i have branched out to other boinc projects exploring whats out there

right now i have 3 computers (18 cores) and untill we droped to 2 projects here i had 90%+ of the time spent here... but in the last month i have been exploring again with my main computer so 8 cores are wandering at the moment while i wait for a new project

[Oct 7, 2013 4:13:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yoro42
Ace Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

I'd love to see a project for MS research but until one comes along I will continue to devote my resources to the currently active projects and all new project that arrive. I doubt that WCG will run out entirely so my 5 PC should be able to stay busy. When I saw the Post date change for Beta I thought the drought was over.

[Oct 8, 2013 1:47:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GeraldRube
Master Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

I'd love to see a project for MS research but until one comes along I will continue to devote my resources to the currently active projects and all new project that arrive. I doubt that WCG will run out entirely so my 5 PC should be able to stay busy. When I saw the Post date change for Beta I thought the drought was over.

I would like to see MS research--my father died from it and i know several folks that have it sad

[Oct 12, 2013 12:24:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yep, that would be a good research project. A friends only real relief from it is illegal here. It does make a huge difference for him though, so I would not argue with him for using it. He loves fly fishing and playing snooker and pool on his better days, which is impossible for him without it
[Oct 12, 2013 5:01:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread