Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17952 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused How many badge upgrades have you managed in 1 Stats update?

Now that we've got work flowing for all projects, how many badge upgrades (be they the same colour or different), have you managed to time for the same stats update?

In the past, I've managed 3 - although I'm now tempted to try for 6... The only real challenge I'm going to have in this, is going from Silver to Gold for my Beta badge...

My planned upgrades (where I've got to factor in, for some, my wingmen), are as follows;

Badge Upgrade Project Current stats Curr Badge Sought for Badge/Days Reqd.
None -> Bronze GO Fight Against Malaria 0:000:12:46:54 None Bronze = 14 days
Bronze -> Silver Drug Search for Leishmaniasis 0:014:02:13:03 Bronze Silver = 31 days
Silver -> Gold Beta Testing 0:073:04:28:51 Silver Gold = 17 days
Gold -> Ruby Computing for Clean Water 0:090:06:43:52 Gold Ruby = 90 days
Ruby -> Emerald Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2 0:337:20:06:13 Ruby Emerald = 28 days
Emerald -> Sapphire Help Fight Childhood Cancer 1:321:08:32:52 Emerald Sapphire = 44 days

Needless to say, this will take a little time to line up...
----------------------------------------

[Dec 8, 2011 4:16:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: How many badge upgrades have you managed in 1 Stats update?

Same here, 3 in single 24 hours day, not single stats run. Missed the 4th on same day, due the usual suspects (PV Jailists). Presently I'm holding off on CEP2 and C4CW... both just imminent to go sapphire and then get DSFL/GFAM lined up, their next step from silver/ruby not far. This time, I'll be caching up a selection for a weeks worth in total **, crunch off-line and then dump [Do an old power cows flush, patent pending]. They all would validate the same day, and have others be Sing Sing mates for a while ;P. How else can we turn crunching into a fun pass time ( laughing )

** staggered, so first fetch 2 days X, 2 days Y, 2 days Z, each step incrementing cache after changing profile. Prior, any science that reaches to < day before upgrade is suspended from supply, till all targeted are ready to make the leap...badge avalanche [the madcap laughs]

--//--
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 8, 2011 4:33:22 PM]
[Dec 8, 2011 4:28:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pcwr
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Managed 2 in 1 update with only 3 computers. Was trying for 4 in 1 day but with the projects being put on "hold" etc, that idea went to pot.

Patrick

[Dec 8, 2011 5:32:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pink Moose
Senior Cruncher

I also only managed 2 in 1 update with only 3 computers (2 computers with i7 CPU and 1 computer with quad CPU).
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pink Moose at Dec 9, 2011 12:35:09 AM]
[Dec 9, 2011 12:34:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:

Where is my 30 year badge? wink

[Dec 9, 2011 11:27:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pramo
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I got a double blue way back here- was trying for a 4 badge update in April 2010 but blew it clown
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,26282_offset,580

[Dec 9, 2011 3:50:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
astrolabe.
Senior Cruncher

I have had hundreds of Stat Updates where I have received zero badge upgrades. It weighs heavily on my mind crying
[Dec 9, 2011 5:48:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

I got my Emerald CEP2 and Sapphire DDDT2 on the same day but don't remember if it was the same stats update. It was entirely coincidental.

[Dec 9, 2011 5:51:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The most I have ever had was 2. But I am sure I could get 4-6 if I wanted to. Just been doing one project at a time though...
[Dec 9, 2011 7:00:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

Well, after a LOT of hard work, time, micro-management, luck and help from a few wingmen verifiers, I actually managed an 8 (yes, eight) badge upgrade - all in the 1 stats refresh.

As can be seen, these were;

SN2S (nothing to Bronze)
GFAM (Bronze to Silver)
Beta (Silver to Gold)
DSFL (Silver to Gold)
C4CW (Gold to Ruby)
CEP2 (Gold to Ruby)
HPF2 (Ruby to Emerald) and
HFCC (Emerald to Sapphire).

Now, I'm going to lie down in a darkened room, try to wheen myself of BOINC micro-management, and get some therapy!!!!

[Apr 16, 2012 2:01:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread