Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 369
Posts: 369   Pages: 37   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 71891 times and has 368 replies Next Thread
Coleslaw
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Teaser for another Beta. DDD2 type B

That's how my setup was, but I wasn't home when the announcement came. Still got zippola...lol.
----------------------------------------

[Jan 6, 2010 11:36:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PecosRiverM
Veteran Cruncher
The Great State of Texas
Project Badges:

I got one that has a 4dy report time instead of 10. Not a big deal tho it just jumped to the front of the line.

[Jan 6, 2010 11:42:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb077492
Advanced Cruncher

Everything going OK here. Only comment is about runtime estimates (again, sorry). Both pe and se units seem to expect to take about the same length of time, but my experience suggests that pe units take about 2.5x as long as se units. Runtime estimates are pretty good except on one of my machines:
Processor: 4 GenuineIntel Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz [x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9]
Processor features: fpu tsc sse sse2 mmx
OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2003: Standard Server Edition, Service Pack 1, (05.02.3790.00)
where the system estimates are around 48 hours for both but se units look to be at around 8 hours by my estimate.
[Jan 7, 2010 12:10:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GIBA
Ace Cruncher

hummm. Zero Beta WU's this round... bad luck this time. sad coffee
Cheers ! GIB@ peace coffee
Join BRASIL - BRAZIL@GRID team and be very happy !
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=DF99KT5DN1

[Jan 7, 2010 12:56:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
blackheeler
Advanced Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

I hope it doesn't happen in the middle of the night because then I will miss all the excitement!

It's always the middle of the night for somebody. They usually start them about 4-5am my time. (Daylight savings now, so maybe an hour later this time.) Right now would be a fine time for the beta to start. smile

LOL spot on Kremmen, 3:58am Perth time crying
Still managed to jag one, now if Dataman could learn to share....... tongue biggrin

[Jan 7, 2010 1:01:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

LOL spot on Kremmen, 3:58am Perth time crying
Still managed to jag one, now if Dataman could learn to share....... tongue biggrin

laughing biggrin laughing It helps to be on the trailing edge of the day and not on the point of the spear of the day down under. laughing biggrin laughing I got 8 and the first one completed with no muss no fuss in 3:40. If I could give you half, I'd do it. Cheers mate!

cowboy

[Jan 7, 2010 1:10:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
blackheeler
Advanced Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

It's all good DM, no need for charity, the scarcity of Beta work makes it so much sweeter when you do manage to land one! laughing biggrin

[Jan 7, 2010 1:28:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

It's all good DM, no need for charity, the scarcity of Beta work makes it so much sweeter when you do manage to land one! laughing biggrin

No charity bloke ... would do it for a mate. wink

BETA_erlc_a161_se0000
One wingman and I got an "inconclusive" ... hope the other wingman does better.

cowboy

[Jan 7, 2010 1:47:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wplachy
Senior Cruncher
Re: DDD2 Type B work units going out.

I ended up with 24 beta's the first one went out as a error, it looks like they will take 11hrs each, only one of my machines got them, my dual core. the way I got so many is, when I read that they were planning on sending out some beta's in 24-48hrs, I created a new profile for my fastest computer I have it connect every .1 days, I set the buffer to 9 days, I deselected my current project and selected 1 that is intermittent. and made sure the beta option is selected. and I just have been watching the beta threads waiting for a announcement, and when one came I just kept on clicking on the update button in the boinc.

Gee, I thought when I snagged 6 WU’s my method of sacrificing 3 HP Hex calculators to the God of Beta was a success. Obviously I’m going to have to reevaluate using hunterkasy’s method. nerd

BOINC initial estimate was 22 hrs each, actual run time about 3 hrs each, all successful and PV.
Bill P

[Jan 7, 2010 2:18:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

I got one that has a 4dy report time instead of 10.

Probably a repair one, with _3 or higher as the last bytes of its name.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Jan 7, 2010 2:35:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 369   Pages: 37   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread