Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 150
Posts: 150   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 39006 times and has 149 replies Next Thread
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: The Help Fight Childhood Cancer Crunching Chart

I moved all my machines to this a couple weeks after the project started.
One only has to see a young face in a cancer ward to have your heart torn out.
Project... PointsGenerated.. Results Returned... Total Run Time (y:d:h:m:s)

Help Fight Childhood Cancer 7,487,526 11,820 6:066:04:21:55

that is an impressive score... and more than mine total...

right now i am working on the main cancer project instead of childhood cancer... yes they are both important but i just dont have the machines to do as much cancer as i want let alone any childhood cancer...

in my own opinion the main cancer is bigger for me. (my wife cant have kids) both myself and my wife are high risk of cancer and i love my wife so i admit im being selfish here so i am working what affects myself more.. glad your doing such a great job here though

wow already 15% (guesstamate) thats nice to see...

lets hope we cure both quickly so we can go on to cure everything else.... 1 disease at a time... WU by WU
----------------------------------------

[Jul 22, 2009 10:44:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

i admit im being selfish here so i am working what affects myself more.. glad your doing such a great job here though

Whatever the reasons why a cruncher chooses one project or another, a result is a result and it will eventually benefit everybody, not only who has crunched it.

And top of it WCG takes care that all projects get the resources they need.

So, no problem with individual choices. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Jul 22, 2009 4:58:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Col323
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

in my own opinion the main cancer is bigger for me. (my wife cant have kids) both myself and my wife are high risk of cancer and i love my wife so i admit im being selfish here so i am working what affects myself more.. glad your doing such a great job here though

wow already 15% (guesstamate) thats nice to see...

lets hope we cure both quickly so we can go on to cure everything else.... 1 disease at a time... WU by WU

I wouldn't know you even if you walked right past me, but my boxen are crunching for you, your wife, and countless others out there. They get fed a steady diet of both cancer projects plus a little HCMD2 on the side. (They seem to like a little variety, and I think the mixture helps keep them regular. No odd smells or funny noises coming from them so far. wink )
[Jul 22, 2009 6:51:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
applause Re: The Help Fight Childhood Cancer Crunching Chart

Yesterday the project had records on all fronts:

CPU Years (49)
Results Completed (67,653)
TeraFlops of computations (59)

Though the project website has no progress update after July, I recon we're somewhere around 17% and speeding up continuously.

applause
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 2, 2009 7:42:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

This week a double milestone and a record.

1. Today we're heading for a Result day record of over 70,000 validated tasks within 24 hours.
2. Over 10 Million Results were validated as at midday stats update.
3. Over 20% completion of the project has just been reported by the Chiba scientists.

Great stuff.

(see chart at top of thread for the last 3 months project barometer).
[Sep 18, 2009 3:37:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

on your 'wcg supplemental performance charts page' in the community grid forums:
chart 10- is the x axis the date expressed in yy/mm/dd?
chart 14- how does it work?
[Sep 22, 2009 9:10:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Hi,

Chart 12 makes it self-explanatory. It's yy/mm/dd, the only proper way permitting sorting dates in chronological order. The last day of the month is shown on the right, the middle 2 digits cycle between 2 and 12, only the even months and the first 2 are gradually incrementing left to right from '04 to '09

If you see any chart that you think it's different, unless shown as mmm/dd/yyyy, let me know and I'll change.

Chart 14, the wiggly line indicates the days needed to increment the CPU years crunched by 10,000. The diagonal showing the cumulative to go with each of these milestones. The legend is unconventionally at the top ;>)

cheers

edit: a PS: The current 10k is looking to be achieved in 35 days or better, a new record again and at 2k years per week no wonder, yet awesome.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Sep 22, 2009 9:30:08 PM]
[Sep 22, 2009 9:28:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
widdershins
Veteran Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

A quick bump in the hope our head statistician spots the thread and notices the image of his chart is broken, both here and in the FAQ Charts thread. wink
[Oct 3, 2009 6:49:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Mea Culpa, Mea Massima Culpa (but no guarantee, because this happened before my vetrino estivo ;>), apologies for the disruption of service... the one I missed to tick before hitting the upload button.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Oct 3, 2009 7:29:58 PM]
[Oct 3, 2009 7:17:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kskjold
Senior Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

The first 5 weeks running and 2 mini milestones reached, over 1,000 CPU years and in time terms, 5% of the total project, somewhat settled on 37 TeraFlops of volunteered computing power.

applause

(progress is always subject to change due alteration of work volume and assigned weight in distribution by WCG)

I wonder if the reason for the blue line "jump" in the period of 15 sep to 30 sep was be course of this challenge In memory of Ava Jaymes Cipriani
Not just the teams that was participating, but all members that was crunching a little bit more HFCC WU's in that period.
[Oct 12, 2009 6:28:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 150   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread